Monday, June 8, 2009

Katie Quotes (and more!)

A while back Katie was helping me hook up the DVD player in the car, and was sitting in the driver's seat, hands on the wheel (supervised, with permission). "Daddy, when I drive, I'm going to be a speeder. But I won't go too fast so the cops won't catch me."

Then yesterday before her dance recital, Katie came downstairs with Angel, wearing the slightest hint of eye shadow. Unprepared for such an event, I exclaimed, "Katie! You're wearing make-up!" Sensing my impending stroke, Angel chimed in, reassuringly, "She asked and I told her she could." Still in shock all I could say was, "Well, no one asked me!" Realizing I was upset, darling Katie answered, "Daddy, we can put some on you, too." so that I would no longer feel left out. What a little sweetheart.

The dance recital did not disappoint. There were definite moments in each performance (one each day) where Katie completely won over the entire auditorium. There was an audible "awww" on Saturday when Katie tippy-toed across the stage and was clearly entranced by the audience. Then on Sunday her enthusiastic leaps across (and nearly off) the stage brought smiles to the faces of even the most incoherent seniors (from the retirement center). We videotaped both shows and if I can figure out how we'll post the highlights here. Otherwise you'll just have to visit us to see them. By the way, little Margaret was equally adorable dancing along in the crowd, but it was too dark to get that on film (not that anyone uses "film" anymore...).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let us know that you visited!