Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Craftiness

Craftiness has been on overload the past two weeks, what with kids being sick and all...not to mention trying to write up a tutorial for Scrapbusters Month at Sewmamsew. So here is a peek at some of the latest....

For two cute cousins/nieces...and great fans of Mr. Rogers....T-shirts with the trolley appliqued on. I just went to the pbskids.org website and used a coloring page as a guide. To make it easier, I cut freezer paper to regular 8.5 x 11 size and printed on that and ironed onto the felt with a cool iron so that it was easier to make the cuts. Fun, huh?

Our little solution to tap shoes that we got second-hand without laces. Actually Katie's dance teacher said she used to see these in stores but hasn't seen them lately...of course I had leftover buttons to cover in (of course!) hot pink and silver sequins....Katie models them in the second picture. Basically you thread the elastic through the holes in the shoes and loop the elastic over the button. It actually stays in place and is easy for Katie to put on and off by herself. Yay for independance!




An old jersey sheet turned rag rug for the back door. Very squishy comfy...I crocheted it using amandajean's loop method.




4 comments:

  1. seriously! I am so impressed with your craftiness!! Crocheting a rug is on my craft project list, I even have the giant hook to do it with, but no fabric yet. That might be a next spring or summer project. I love the tap shoe trick, you are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz!

    The rug was a jersey sheet I found at a thrift store for 1.25, so I figured that I wouldn't be upset if I ruined THAT material...I swear I should do a weekly post titled "Failed Project Fridays" because I have lots of duds.

    So basically a twin sheet made a rug aroung 2 x 3 ish and took less than a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is good information, I am going to look for a sheet at a thrift store. although probably not soon since I will be having a baby here and I need to finish more hats. I have gone insane on the hats. seriously, insane. this summer i want to make a rug and crochet some baskets out of twine and other not wintery projects. AND I am taking knitting classes at my local yarn shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I added that AND so that it would emphasize the insanity that has taken over my life, not to brag or anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let us know that you visited!