Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Kindergarten Quilt


Yep...I managed to volunteer somehow to quilt the Kindergarten Quilt.

It really wasn't too bad, and kind of enjoyed getting to see blocks that all the kids colored in (There are special fabric crayons you can get from the Dick Blick website if you want to do this at home.)

However, I break out in a sweat thinking of doing some sort of stacking of quilt layers and turning right side out, so I just decided to go into Joann's and get a half yard of the star fabric that the teacher gave me to make a binding. So. Much. Better. = ) I didn't hand quilt it since I didn't have much time, but the machine quilting went fast and I was pleased with the overall look.

Here is an annoyed Katie humoring Mommy by pointing to her block.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let us know that you visited!